why we love it
- Service, service, service.
- Do everything or do nothing – that’s part of the fun.
- Some of the best bonding time for families and couples.
- Nature plays a starring role in your vacation.
- They are all year-round destinations.
things not to miss
- In the summer months, hike to Maroon Bells and Maroon Lake, an idyllic alpine spot covered in wildflowers and just 10 miles from Aspen.
- Take an early morning hot air balloon ride over the sweeping desert landscape at Canyon Point.
- Hike or bike through Crystal Cove’s bluff-top trails and historic cottage district while at The Resort at Pelican Hill on California’s Newport Coast.
- Get a bird’s eye view of Oahu with a private helicopter ride over Diamond Head and Hanauma Bay. During winter, watch humpback whales frolic below.
- Discover Tucson’s Saguaro National Park, home to the country’s largest cacti, on a private horseback ride.
Meet your expert
"I'm on a quest to show people that the US offers so much jaw-dropping natural beauty and diversity. Check out America's back yard. It's out of this world. "
when to goAmangiri, Canyon Point: Plan a visit any time thanks to a desert climate, with cool to cold winters and warm to hot summers, and plenty of sunshine year-round.
Canyon Ranch, Tucson: Visit in any season. Tucson is mostly sunny year-round. Summer months are hot, spring and fall are mostly temperate, and winter, while typically clear and bright, can be brisk. Nights are generally 20 to 40 degrees cooler than days.
The Little Nell, Aspen: This year-round destination has an average of 300 days of sunshine. Christmas and New Year’s are peak season. Skiing is the main winter activity; summers are full of festivals and a great time for hiking, biking and fishing. The coldest months see average highs in the 20°- 30° F; summers, mid to upper 70s.
The Resort at Pelican Hill, Newport Coast: A visit to this coastal resort is great any time of year. Peak season is June to August.
The Royal Hawaiian, Honolulu: Visit any time of the year. Winter is busy, when temperatures don’t rise above the low 80s, and whale watching is ideal. Summer is popular with families, and temperatures climb into the 90s. The weather is terrific in the spring and fall, but the crowd are gone.
US BEST RESORTS - OUR DESTINATION FAVORITES
Canyon Point, UT
The Little Nell
The Resort at Pelican Hill
Newport Beach, CA
The Royal Hawaiian
Not so fast
Don't be so hasty
Please select a
destination and enter
your departure dates