why we love it
- These are Europe’s magnificent walking cities - with discovery in every step.
- Style-alert – from timeless French chic to eclectic UK fashions, people watching is always in vogue.
- A new crop of exciting luxury hotels are opening up in interesting places.
- Foodie heaven – from French haute cuisine to British nose-to-tail eating, forget about dieting.
- With two of the world’s oldest metro systems, Paris and London make public transportation easy to use and extremely convenient to get around town.
things not to miss
- Learn the secrets of all things gin at the Edinburgh Gin Distillery, which includes a tour, guided tasting and distilling your very own bottle.
- Harry Potter fans of all ages will love the Potter Trails, a walking tour of the streets and architecture that inspired JK Rowling as she wrote her first book in the famous Edinburgh coffee houses.
- Treat yourself to a tasting tour of London’s delicious Borough Market followed by a champagne indulgence in your very own private London Eye capsule.
- Indulge in London shopping – from Selfridges to Liberty, Bond Street to Kings Road, Portobello Market to Dover Street Market.
- Discover Frank Gehry’s Louis Vuitton Foundation, Paris’ most talked about art museum.
- Learn to cook like a Michelin-starred chef at Alain Ducasse Cooking School in Paris – for adults, teens and mini-chefs alike.
- In Saint-Tropez, hunt for the rare bargain at Place des Lices outdoor market, which sells everything from paella to Persian carpets.
Meet your expert
"I'm French and live in Provence, so naturally I am proud to share my country with you. But the UK is also a must-do, and thankfully easy to combine in a visit."
when to goEdinburgh, London, Paris and Saint-Tropez are year-round destinations.
Edinburgh: Although Edinburgh is mild all year, peak travel runs from April to October. In August, the population is said to double. During Christmas and Hogmanay (New Year’s), crowds are nearly as big.
London: Late spring and summer is peak tourist season, with longer days and pleasant temperatures. Consider going in September when the weather is beautiful minus the crowds. Christmas is also a popular time to visit.
Paris: Spring and autumn offer the best weather for Paris. Summer is the most crowded and expensive time to visit.
Saint-Tropez: Peak season is during July and August. The weather in May, June and September is still warm enough for the beach.
UK + FRANCE - OUR DESTINATION FAVORITES
Belmond Royal Scotsman
La Réserve Paris Hotel and Spa
La Réserve Ramatuelle Hotel Spa and Villas
London, United Kingdom
Not so fast
Don't be so hasty
Please select a
destination and enter
your departure dates