why we love it
- Streets, squares and cafes are filled with young and old enjoying each other’s company.
- The food - the Iberian waters supply some of the best seafood in the world.
- Madrid’s nonstop nightlife makes it a city that never sleeps.
- The US dollar goes farther here than in most other European countries.
- Sintra is a page out of a children’s fairytale book.
things not to miss
- Explore some of Portugal’s most beautiful coastline with a boat ride to the Algar of Benagil, the Algarve’s biggest cave accessible only by sea.
- While in the Algarve, head to the fascinating Novacortica Cork Factory and plantation for a fascinating tour of how the bark is harvested from the tree and transformed.
- Explore the colorful façades of Lisbon with a guided street art tour, featuring some of the best Portuguese and international works of art.
- Discover the origins of fado, the beloved Portuguese music, with a walking tour of the historic streets of Lisbon’s Alfama and performance in a traditional fado house.
- Spend an evening of sherry and tapas tasting at Madrid’s mouthwatering San Miguel Market.
- Go behind the scenes on a VIP tour of Bernabéu Stadium, home to Real Madrid, one of the world's most famous football teams. Afterwards, have dinner overlooking the magnificent stadium.
- Take advantage of Marbella’s location by wandering around the nearby Ruta de Pueblos blancos including Ronda and Arcos de la Frontera.
- While in Marbella, don’t miss a private tour of the Picasso Museum in nearby Malaga, birthplace of the artist
- Admire the creative genius of King Ferdinand II with a visit to his Moorish masterpiece, the Pena Palace and gardens in Sintra.
Meet your expert
Miguel A. Caballero
"I'm a proud Madrileño. I love sharing the rich history and dynamic culture of Spain. Combined with our fascinating neighbor Portugal, you'll have an unforgettable trip."
when to goAlgarve: There's no bad time to go due to the southern coast’s temperate weather. May, June, September and October are especially pleasant and avoid the summer crowds and heat.
Lisbon + Sintra: Expect hot summers, and mild but wet winters. The best time to travel is spring and fall with long sunny days minus the intense summer heat. The tourist crowds peak in July and August.
Madrid: The ideal time to visit is spring and fall when temperatures are mild. Winter is the best time to find hotel deals as temperatures can dip into the 30s. Summers are hot and many local businesses are closed especially in August.
Marbella: This resort town is a year-round destination with more than 300 sunny days a year. Summers are hot but cool sea breezes make it bearable. September and October have milder temperatures and fewer crowds. Winter months are crowded with Europeans trying to escape the cold.
PORTUGAL + SPAIN - OUR DESTINATION FAVORITES
Pine Cliffs, a Luxury Collection Resort
Tivoli Avenida Liberdade
Tivoli Palacio de Seteais
Not so fast
Don't be so hasty
Please select a
destination and enter
your departure dates