why we love it
- So much to offer for a variety of tastes – exciting cuisine, rich history, eco-adventures, water sports, breathtaking beaches and shopping.
- Convenient and easy to reach for last-minute getaways.
- Arguably the world’s best street food.
- Temperate climate – makes it a perfect year-round destination.
- Uniquely hand-crafted art, pottery, silver jewelry, and embroidered goods using centuries-old methods.
things not to miss
- Take part in a spiritual temazcal ceremony where a shaman guides you through sacred rituals to cleanse your mind, body and soul.
- Reel in adventure with a day of deep sea fishing in Ixtapa, considered one of the best places in the world for sport fishing.
- In Los Cabos, explore the sweeping canyons, coves, and volcanic cliffs on the protected island of Espiritu Santo, often compared to the Galapagos Islands.
- Take a helicopter ride from Los Cabos to the Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere Reserve, the remote home to mountain potters. Take a pottery class with Doña Ramona, as she shares local traditions and ends with a tortilla-making lesson before feasting on local dishes.
- While in the Riviera Maya, visit Chichen Itza, the Mayan masterpiece and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Taste your way through Mexico City’s passionate culinary scene: chef-led adventures range from cooking emersions, chocolate making, and mescal tasting.
- Get a birds-eye view of the country’s most important historic square over a drink at the Balcón del Zócolo in Mexico City.
Meet your expert
"Viva Mexico. While the coastlines are stunning, don't forget the heartland. Regional cuisines, amazing artisans and such kind people are waiting to meet you."
when to goCabo San Lucas: May and June are the best months to visit, to avoid the winter and summer crowds. The good news is that there is no bad time of year to plan your stay.
Ixtapa: It’s best to see Ixtapa-Zihuantanejo during dry season from November to April. Avoid late May to October when the weather is hot and cloudy with frequent rainfall.
Mexico City: The capital is a year-round destination. Springtime between March and May is the best time to visit. Peak tourist season is in July and August.
Riviera Maya: While the weather here is pleasant throughout the year, the best time to visit is in April and November before the crowds and higher prices set in during the peak season of December through March. The rainy season lasts from May to October.
MEXICO - OUR DESTINATION FAVORITES
Banyan Tree Mayakoba
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Grand Velas Los Cabos
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
The St. Regis Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico
Not so fast
Don't be so hasty
Please select a
destination and enter
your departure dates