why we love it
- Easily accessible within a few hours flying time from most US cities.
- Luxury resorts set in stunning, eco-friendly locations.
- Every day is a new chance to experience what the locals call pura vida, lush life.
- The unspoiled natural beauty amazes you at every turn..
- Rich histories and cultural heritage with deep respect for the land.
- Fresh, sustainable farm-to-table delicacies.
things not to miss
- Go diving or snorkeling in the Belize Barrier Reef, the world’s second largest reef system.
- Visit the Cocscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary and Jaguar Preserve, the world’s only jaguar preserve in Belize.
- Feed the amazing baby sloths at the Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica.
- Try an evening zipline tour in Costa Rica’s Monteverde Reserve to see the orange lava flow from Arenal Volcano.
- Visit the great archeological wonder of Tikal, the ancient Mayan city in Guatemala.
- In northern Guatemala, dine al fresco high above the rainforest while howler monkeys serenade you.
- In Nicaragua, ride some of the world’s best waves at San Juan del Sur or go volcano boarding on the black sand slopes of Cerro Negro.
Meet Your Expert
"This region is so fun to explore. If you love outdoor adventures, great, fresh food, fascinating history, and charming locals, get in touch."
when to goCosta Rica: The country has a tropical climate with wet and dry seasons on the Pacific side and occasional year-round showers on the Caribbean side. High season runs from December to April with reliable sunshine. The rest of the year brings showers and cheaper prices.
Guatemala: Weather is pleasant year-round. The dry season runs from November to April. It’s not advisable to visit in September and October, as they are the rainiest months. The rest of the year sees rainfall for only a couple hours a day.
Nicaragua: November to April is the best time to visit with mild temperatures, and dry, sunny days.
Belize: The best time to visit is from late November to mid-April. April and May can be very humid and hot. Expect showers and high winds from June to mid-November. The rainy season is in September and October.
CENTRAL AMERICA - OUR DESTINATION FAVORITES
Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Resort
Santa Elena, Guatemala
Nekupe Sporting Resort and Retreat
Not so fast
Don't be so hasty
Please select a
destination and enter
your departure dates